Data Loss Prevention
Assess dataflow. Mitigate risk.
Data breaches are the norm and no longer the exception. Someone, somewhere, wants to steal your critical data. It may be happening now and we want to help you prevent and stop it.
Our strategic approach:
- Define the data in need of protection
- Locate the data through discussions and technical discovery
- Define data classification and handling processes
- Discover and define business processes to handle the protection of the data
- Develop high level DLP incident and remediation workflow planning
- Develop a DLP charter with strategic objectives, executive sponsors, and program responsibilitiesBuild a DLP corporate policy and process development
- Implement the appropriate solution features to support business objectives
- Develop and perform training to support the new DLP processes
- Define reporting for all key organizational levels to ensure data protection status is known and addressed proactively
We ask the questions to understand your key data to ensure your success of your project:
- Where it is located and how it got there
- Where it is going, where it should be going
- Where it is stored and how long
- Who can touch the data, who should touch the data
- What compliance concerns and requirements govern the protection of the data
Symantec Data Loss Prevention
We strive for the strategic success of the entire lifecycle of your purchase, implementation, and ongoing support of your Data Loss Prevention initiatives.
Data at Rest and In Motion
Our strategic approach focuses on protecting the data as it rests on any endpoint (servers, desktops, backups, etc…) as well as data as it journeys from point to point. These two states of data location are valuable to malicious individuals and the core of prevention of data loss.